“Excuse me, may I have a moment with you?”
The famous daily greeting to all staff from Mr. Raymond B., former resident of Franklin Health Care Center.
Mr. Raymond was admitted to our facility with orders for therapy services due to a recent injury. Within that time, he exceeded his goals in the disciplines of Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapies. Because of these excellent services he was able to return home, resume independent living and pamper his puppy, Gretchen. Mr. Raymond is a writer of several manuscripts, retired journalist for the local newspaper and served in the U.S. Army.
Upon discharge from our facility he shared the following:
- “My stay was very good
- If my doctor said I had to go to a nursing home, I would return to Franklin Health Care Center
- I would definitely recommend this place to others
- I love the Rehab. staff especially Matt; he taught me to be patient and follow the rules on the program
- I like the food; it is very good
- Staff like Tina A., CNA is terrific
- The nurses were good with me like Donna C. LPN/ADON and Vanessa W., RN
- The layout of the facility is very good
- I really want to pay special attention to the kitchen because everything was very good
- Before I conclude I want to give a special tribute to Matt L. in Therapy because he taught me a lot”
Mrs. Audrey V.
“Success for me was determination to get better, my husband, and my Catholic faith.”
“I can now speak clearly, play with my dog, Bubba and make plans to spend time with my grandchildren, “shares, Mrs. Audrey V. a resident of Franklin Health Care & Rehabilitation Center from November 2017 to June 2018. Her journey began with a visit to her primary care provider, routine medical procedures, to becoming a resident in our facility for extensive physical, occupational and speech therapy sessions.
Her career as an educator in several schools lasted 55 years where she taught Social Studies, Business and Math. She earned her credentials from SLT now known as ULL, a top university in Lafayette, La. She and her husband, Coach Ed credits the Therapy Team at FHCC and their restorative program for exhibiting patient, compassionate care while addressing her needs. When asked whether she would choose us again, she replied “yes,” loudly with a big smile. Coach Ed expressed his deep appreciation for Mary P., Edlena B., and Ora N., Restorative Team CNAs, saying; “they were wonderful while taking care of my wife.”
Mrs. Gurtie B.
“Mrs. Gurtie B. gathered recently to celebrate her 100th birthday at Franklin Health Care. Those pictured represent 5 generations of family members.”